I had a hard time making it to the conference today. I woke up early, went out to CVS to get a lint brush & some other necessities I had forgotten, but then I turned on the TV. We don't have good cable at our house, just a few channels, so I have not seen, "Flip this house" or any of the other home improvement shows that they have on there. I almost didn't make it out of the hotel. I'm watching it now, before I go to bed.
Yesterday, my friend Kate picked me up at the house, and I was pretty efficient about the packing thing. We printed out maps, and got everything in the car. About 1 hr outside of Pittsburgh, I sat up in the back seat, and realized that I had left my poster in the entryway of our house. Luckily, the doors into that area are unlocked (there is another door into the main house that was locked). So my friend Nelson, who was leaving later in the day, agreed to pick it up for me. Disaster averted. But I'm still embarassed that I overlooked that.
We got to DC around 5, checked into our various hotels, and headed out to dinner. Pretty good wraps (but expensive) on 14th & P streets, and then Kate & I headed to a condo that many friends were staying at. Drank far too much wine (but not enough that this morning was bad), ate some very good cheese, and enjoyed ourselves. I walked back to the hotel at 2 a.m.ish, took a nice hot shower, and climbed into bed.
The conference today was good, although I had a little problem finding the poster section. But I talked to two very enthusiastic people at their posters (who I have to remember to e-mail later) & I'm excited to present my stuff tomorrow. And then I can relax and have some fun :)
Hope you all are having a good weekend & love you too!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
4 comments:
Sweetheart,
out walking at two o'clock in the morning at fourteenth and P? I don't know about now but when I was in the Army down there, fourteenth and T was not a good place to be walking at two o'clock in the morning. Two washington D.C. policemen stopped me and said "Get in the car. We can't believe that you are still alive.". I was in uniform at the time and they rode me to the bus station. Make sure that you are with someone, don't be walking alone.
Good luck on your presentation. You are the best at everything that you attempt and you have always been. I am sure that other people recognize that,
daddy
Ah, so you've discovered the power of TLC. I could watch that, HGTV, and the Green channel all day if left to my own devices.
I'm glad you're having a good time in DC so far. I hope your poster presentation goes really well!
Love you!
/999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999,,,,,,,,,,,hhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh0======777777777777777777777777777777777777777777777777777777777777777777777777777777777777777777777777777777777777777777777777777777777777777777777777777777777777777777777777777777777777777777777777777777777777777777777777777777777777777777777777777777777777777777777777777777777777777777777777777777777777777777777777777777777777777777777777777777777777777777777777777777777777777777777777777777777777777777777777777777777777777777777777777777777777777777777777777777777777777777 m kkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkk
b
I wasn't going to comment because I didn't really have anything to say, but my cat Norm wrote this while I was in the other room. It might be a message for your cats.
Hope the relaxing and having fun part is going well!
Sweetheart,
check your e-mail at hotmail,
daddy
Post a Comment