Wednesday, November 12, 2008
Hold the phone....
So, I'm very glad that I said the date wasn't set in stone (i.e. don't make any travel plans yet). Drew's dad wants us to have a big ceremony, and his step-mom wants to officiate. So, if we do that, we're going to have to wait until after I graduate. Which won't be for at least two years. And I'm not going to be able to plan something like that at that point, since I'll have to find a job. So I don't think this is going to happen anytime soon, and it's pissing me off that we can't just have our wedding the way that fits us - I know this is supposed to be for the family, somewhat, but we're not those people. And I don't actually enjoy those weddings. I kind of just wanted something simple, and functional (kind of like the two of us & our relationship, not showy, not flashy, but strong & practical). So we've got some more talking to do. Sorry to have jumped the gun by announcing this yesterday.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
5 comments:
I'm sorry, sweetie. Why do you have to do it Drew's dad's way, though? It seems crazy to have to wait two years especially if it's not what you guys want. I don't mean to stir up problems, but it should be what you and Drew want, not anyone else.
Friends of ours got married small and quietly and then had a big vows renewal ceremony a couple of years later. Maybe you could do it that way to please his dad?
Actually, it's NOT about the family. It's about the TWO of YOU. Don't let anyone change your minds. Elope ~ to the JP next month. =)
I feel like my ice cream cone just fell into the dirt. I can only imagine how you feel. =(
*hug*
Yeah, I feel really let down. But then comes the wave of guilt - that I'm being childish about this, that it's selfish to want something small, that maybe Drew wants the big party. Still, I was really excited, & the thought of having a bunch of people that I don't know watch me all day just starts all my anxiety going. Urrgghhh. Hopefully I'll win this argument. But I hate that it has turned into a argument in the first place.
Maybe your only mistake was announcing it at all. Perhaps Kristen and Alan had the right idea. Though it is important to the family and they want to be a part, it IS most important to you and Drew...and it should be the way you want and plan. Love you.
Post a Comment