Saturday, November 8, 2008

Early Thanksgiving

My friend Daniel has a turkey that has been in his freezer for just about the maximum amount of time. So, he brought it over last night, and I'm roasting it today. I'm therefore chained to the kitchen, but I got my lab work done early this morning, and got the bird in the oven at 12:30, stuffed and seasoned. Now for repetitive basting.

The good news is that I have to do a bunch of computer stuff to get my poster ready for SFN next week. So, I can do that while I'm making turkey. If I ever stop reading random stuff on the internet.

D & I are also thinking of starting a contest to identify what kind of tree is in our back yard. It has weird, pear like fruit (tastes somewhat like pear, but not one that you would actually like to eat) that is round-ish and orange. So far we're not having any luck with scouring the internet for identification.

2 comments:

shaun said...

send us a pic of the tree

Suztash said...

What about quince? Don't know what the tree looks like, but I think quince is an orange-ish fruit. Also, kumquat or loquat, but don't know if they grow that far north. Just a guess. Have a good day! Love, Mom