Well, my poster is done! Woohoo! I must've published it to PDF 15 times this afternoon, as I discovered new typos & spacing I didn't like in the stairwell on the way to the printer-guy (my friend Tom). But, I finally got it in, so it's out of my hands now. And I confirmed my reservation with the Georgetown Suites
I did not, as I feared sometime yesterday, make the reservation for the wrong month. And I gave a copy to Susan Erickson, the scientist I'm rooming with. I feel a bit bad that I'm not riding down with her, but I'm afraid I would run out of conversation in the first hour, and the rest of the week would be uncomfortable. Best to save topics for the week we'll be rooming together. Ooh, I need a haircut.
But, I'm off to D.C. on Friday. Again, woohoo! I love the city, and I can't wait to take a real subway again. To walk/jog along the Potomac in the morning. And see at least one museum.
In wedding news, Drew & I got to sit down tonight & talk about plans. And we found a compromise, an option that we had discussed, and I had thought about independently, before. So....
We'll hold off for a bit, and get married sometime next late summer/fall. I don't think we realized how many people would want to be there with us, or how many we wanted to have there (once that option was opened up). So this way, everyone has time to plan. We'd like to have the ceremony & reception in our back yard, and by the fall we should have the downstairs kitchen, upstairs bathroom, & back deck done. (The heating system people will be here on Friday to figure out where to put ductwork for the 2nd/3rd floor forced air).
Sorry again for the abrupt announcement/reversal of plans. I still don't think my decisions through all that well (or rather, I think them through carefully, then rashly pick something because I'm sick of being indecisive). And I'm still too impatient, I 'm trying to work on that. But I think it will be good overall, and I'll probably recruit a lot of help with planning/decisions, so stay tuned :)
I still love you all, and thanks for your encouragement & love. Can't wait to see you there, if not before!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
Sweetheart,
I will try to call you. My thoughts and heart are with you, daddy
I'm glad you figured something that will work out for you - and it sounds really nice. Definitely count on me for help!
We're all a little bummed here that we won't be making a trek to Pittsburgh next month, so maybe we'll have to get down to see you guys anyway (when it's convenient for you, of course!).
I love you! Congrats on getting your graphics done. I hope the conference goes well!
Post a Comment