so I'm posting it here, for all of you to read. Plus, I'm monstrously busy at work this week (preparing my poster for SFN's annual meeting - I leave on Friday), so I'm not sure when said phone calls will be made.
But... Drew & I are getting married. :)
We're going to the courthouse here in Pittsburgh next month (almost definitely Dec 18, but I don't want to carve the date in stone quite yet). We'll have a ceremony/reception sometime next year in our back yard (incentive to get the deck done!), but we/I didn't want to actually wait that long once we decided.
So, um... Yay! I am actually really excited, especially since we decided to do it soon, but I'm never sure how or whether to tell people. It seems very personal to me, so I haven't mentioned it at work, but I needed to tell you guys :)
I'll make a round of calls tomorrow between making graphs and writing copy furiously. Maybe if you're lucky, I'll even post the finished poster, so you can all have a sleep aid (ha!).
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
6 comments:
hmmm... and it seems prudent to mention that it is not a shot-gun wedding. Ooh, but our two kitties will be at the reception, so you can (hopefully) all meet them! They are getting more wacky by the day, and are a constant source of amusement and/or annoyance. and fuzzy, they're very fuzzy. :)
I wish you love and happiness and giggles and tenderness and a friend for life. There is no higher state that a human being can aspire to. You have charted your course through life with logic and reason and hard work, always listening to the guidance of the incredible brain you posses. Now you get to reap the rewards of the tender, loving, caring heart that you have had since you were a very small child. I wish you all the joy and happiness and fulfillment that life can offer,
all of my love and admiration to you and Drew, always, daddy
OH MY GOD!!!! I just scared the crap out of Alan by screaming when I read your post. Yay!!!! I'm so happy for you guys. We love you both SO much!!! I'm home sick today, but I'll call you in a little while. WOOHOO!!!
Yay!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
I'm sooooo happy for you!!!!!!!!!
Kristen called me to make sure I read your blog. Ericka, I'm so very happy for you both. All my love and very best wishes for your new life together as husband and wife. You two are always in my thoughts and prayers. I wish I could be there with you. But the reception is certainly an event to plan for. God bless. Love you. Congratulations to you both, but especially you, Drew. Ericka is such a treasure...ever unfolding, lovely, brilliant, funny, sooooooo adept at everything she's ever attempted. I'm sure that you will always recognize the jewel of a person you are marrying. And you seem to be that one in a million man that is such a perfect match and compliment. May the love and respect that you share for each other continually grow and deepen and develop into a lifelong exciting and surprising adventure! Love, Mom
Congratulations!!
I have no advice, I am sort of an idiot anyway.
I would say, be ready for the hardest & most rewarding undertaking of your lives. Unless/until You guys have kids, I think they are actually the hardest & most rewarding undertaking. Any way I love you both and wish you nothing but happy, fluffy marshmallow dreams..
Peace
Post a Comment