So, way back in June, when I was on a science related trip to Ann Arbor, I went to JCPenney to buy some clothes for the summer. It was awesome - I got so many things for $140, and my wardrobe was pretty complete for the rest of the summer. And I got two pairs of jeans that did not contain lycra, or show off the fact that I have accumulated some fat around my hip-to-waist transition zone. Yes, they are "mom jeans", but I like them. Unfortunately, 34 seconds after I got home from MI, one of these pairs of jeans disappeared. I could not find them. I even started to think that I only bought one pair, and was slightly delusional (chalked up to graduate school, which pretty much makes you indistinguishable from a mentally ill person, since you: can't make it to appointments on time (or on the right day); frequently have to stop in the middle of a room and turn around for several minutes, trying to remember what it is you are supposed to be doing; can't do laundry, grocery shopping, etc on a reasonable time scale - huh, they should add that question to the DSM-IV criteria.... (imaginary psychologist) "so, you're feeling hopeless about the future, you think you are an utter failure, you can't accomplish things, easily get distracted, are lapse on hygiene, cry on an almost-daily basis,.... oh, wait, are you in graduate school? You're perfectly normal then.") Anyhoo, (when did I start using that word?) I did laundry last night before I went to bed, after eating some more delicious crockpot beef stew & taking the garbage out, and I rescued my things from the dryer this morning. The first thing I pulled out was the missing jeans.
Perhaps my dryer is actually a porthole to some parallel universe. One in which "low rise" does not exist. Or thong underwear. Sounds like a pretty cool universe.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
Oh Ericka, you have soooooooooooooo much to keep organized in your mind! The dryer story has happened to me, too! Several times, in fact. I'm glad they returned from the adjacent universe! Thanks for that hilarious birthday card!!!!! It was quite a surprise. Love you, Mom
Post a Comment