Downtown Pittsburgh (view from the restaurant where we had lunch afterwards - I'm putting it in at the top b/c it's a pain to try to place photos at the end, as I have discovered today).

Us with Judge Eugene Ricciardi

The reading of legal things:

With the certificate:

Yes, I know it's a bit underclassed to wear jeans, we had planned to dress up, but ran out of time & Drew was sick, so we'll have to wait on looking good.
First married kiss:

Duqesne Incline runs right next to the restaurant we were at. We forgot to take a ride on the incline, but we did catch a photo of it going by.
5 comments:
You look great!!
Love the photos! And the jeans. :-) I can't wait to come visit so we can take R on the incline.
Ericka,
Thank you for the photos! You both look very happy! Love you both. Hope Drew is feeling better. God bless. Mom
You both look beautiful, and this was so fitting for you guys. So so so much love to both of you, am happy for you beyond what I can express without a thesaurus-we just got Kristen's album today and it brought back warm teary memories of your adoration for each other.
And the restaurant pictures reminded me that we wanted to tell Drew that you can eat armadillos, they are supposed to taste like fine grained pork, but undercooked can give you leprosy. When I heard this, Drew was the first person I thought of who would be interested in trying it. The jeans are perfect, because that is what marriage is about. You are committed to stand together against leaks in the roof and losing jobs and sinus infections and all the crap that comes with life. It's not about a polished performance that isn't what you do everyday. It's about loving each other and not thinking about bailing in the crappiest circumstances, about deciding that this person is who you are going to be with at the end of the day whether the day or the world was disastrous or not, and this person is the one you are going to come home and lean on. And with these guidelines(and I'm plagiarizing Robert Fulghum here, but not in exact words because I don't remember)you guys have been married for quite a long time now. So glad you made it official, and so glad you brought Drew into our lives, and so happy that he has welcomed us all so warmly and openly. So deep deep love from the bottom of our hearts here for you guys. (Johanna's actually writing this, but I don't want to take 35 minutes to post under my name with the hamster running in a wheel powered internet we have here)
Sweetheart,
you don't have to wait for looking good, you both look marvelous. All of my hopes and dreams for you have come true. None of these is my doing but rather the result of the hard working and loving person that you have become. What wonder you are! Drew is a very fortunate person and because of him so are you. There is just one thing that I hope you will keep quietly in your mind and I don't mean to be pushy but here it is: GRANDAUGHTER,
all of my love to you and Drew, always, daddy
Post a Comment