Thursday, December 18, 2008

Departmental Holiday Party & House Updates

We do an annual holiday party in my department, people bring food & drink, and there's a new tradition of a "White Elephant" gift exchange. Basically, people bring in wrapped gifts, preferably things that they were given & have no use for, and we draw gifts one at a time. You also have the option to steal a gift, which makes for a fun hour. I had a good time & I'm glad I went, but I have to get in early to make up the last bit of work that I didn't do today.

I also got a snowman tie - so I'm happy. Not that I wear ties, but I like snowmen. So.

In house news, we decided on an HVAC guy, who turned out to be cheaper than the other guy that we liked by $2k. So that money can go to the deck or to buy a lot of drywall. I ordered a dumpster today, and will resume demolition and cleanup (with my respirator this time) next week. We're getting there.

1 comment:

sandwhichisthere said...

Sweetheart,
the package came yesterday. Thank you so much. It is probably the best gift that I have ever received. I immediately dove into the cookies and the seeds show so much thought. With both you have put something of yourself in your gifts. You and Drew have the true holiday spirit,
all of my love, always, daddy