Has anyone else had an issue with blogger marking their blog as having objectionable and so not being able to sign in? Very strange....
I've had a good start to the new year. After some delay, the dumpster was delivered, and D & I + some random friends got quite a bit of plaster & lath down. This gives us a good look at everything & makes it easier for the ductwork to be installed. We need a couple of windows more quickly than we thought, but I also just got my escrow check. I had completely forgotten about this added bonus of house ownership.
I also had a good start back to work today. I got there at 7:45 (left the house shortly after 7), sent off my data to the statistician, did some administrative work for the Neuroanatomy group that I've been organizing, read some e-mail, printed out some papers to read. In the afternoon, I counterstained some new tissue to look at, and signed up for EM time.
I couldn't get to sleep last night, so I started thinking about my schedule for finishing my thesis. I think, if I work a lot for the next 12 weeks, I can have the material generated for another project, and have 1-1 1/2 projects finished completely. This would be somewhere around the end of March. Then I'd have to finish one additional project and write, and I think I could have this done by Feb of next year - ? -
So I guess I'm planning to graduate around April of 2010. D has already suggested I take some time off after I'm out of school - he says a year, I'm thinking more 3 months - and if things are good financially, I think I'll take him up on it. Especially because that would give me a summer at the house to work outside, enjoy the sun, enjoy Pittsburgh.
I'm going to try to keep up the trend of getting into work early. And really perform well this year, and push to get done. I think I'm ready :)
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
I wish I had like 1/4 of your drive.
I hope you can finish on your schedule and get to take some time off. I on the other hand think I need to take on a second job at this point, not to mention my boss just quit and I am worried about my current job, but it's nothing that jalapeno chips & beer won't fix.
Peace
That is so great, Ericka. And, you of all people can do it! I agree that you should take some time off. You have been working so hard for so long.
Post a Comment