I'll post pictures in a bit, but I am so excited that we got something accomplished concerning the garden today! I dug out quite a bit of earth for our back vegetable garden, and D arranged bricks in a wall structure - so now we have at least two levels for our gardening efforts. We might still put in another wall, and turn it into a 3-tiered bed. Our backyard can be a little difficult for planning, because it slopes in two directions simultaneously. But we have plenty of bricks and cinder block to try to contain things.
Now, bricks were not exactly my first choice for a retaining wall (since I don't feel that they stand up well to the continued pressure of the soil trying to redistribute itself. But, they were free, and D wanted to use them. Only time will tell if his designs will work better than I suspect.
After a bit of yard work, we headed inside for a cool drink (water, which is all that we had), and then walked down to our local hardware store (Keystone). I picked up a detachable shower head with hose, and D got some fireworks. The shower head is not as nice as the one that came with our faucet setup, but it will make it much easier to rinse down the shower when I'm cleaning the bathroom.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
I'm always so impressed by all the projects that you and D do by yourselves. Definitely share pictures of the wall - and the house projects- when you have a chance! I like your shopping trip - showerhead and fireworks. Sounds like a party! ;-) Hee hee
Hey, there - just wanted to check and see if you got my email. If you didn't, I did get your note and its contents. THANK YOU!!! You are the best!!!
Post a Comment