Wednesday, December 5, 2007

Ohmigosh, it's so cold here!

Just a quick post - it's been snowy & cold for a couple of days now. I must go through some stored things & find gloves & long underwear & some better shoes. I'm unprepared for winter.

But after I shoveled the front walk and put salt down, I got to witness one of the cats (Bathtub Kitty from the picture) jump into a laundry basket, only to realize that the sides were too high to get out again. I love cats :)

Hope everyone else is staying warm & having a good night.

4 comments:

Kristen said...

I'm not ready either! I'm already sick of being cold - ack! The only thing that's making things easier to take is R's sheer excitement and joy over the snow.

I'm nice and warm tonight under the shawl you made me long ago. Harley is curled up next to me, and my laptop is warming me, too. :-)

Love you!

Anonymous said...

This is the time of year in Florida that makes up for July, when you walk outside at 7am and it's already 90 degrees out, and shake your fist at the sky and yell "what's the point of making it so hot? What purpose does this serve?". Because it's fall, here, cold at night, tee shirt friendly during the day, and we can confidently wear pants without fear of developing rampant fungus from the sweat in our knee pits.Sorry about the cold, try the shaking your fist at the sky thing. Always makes me feel a little better. Because, why does it need to be THAT cold? Wouldn't ten degrees warmer still accomplish whatever cold weather accomplishes? Isn't Nature kinda of overachieving in these circumstances?

shaun said...

Man I was sweating here today .

Suztash said...

This is the only time of year that I sincerely miss the cold. It never seems quite like Christmas when it's 80 plus degrees. And all the baking and cooking during the holidays isn't as enjoyable when you need to put the ac on because the oven heat is oppressive instead of warm and cozy. Hope you find some warm and snuggly things to wear. Love you, Sweetie.