Friday, December 14, 2007

I'm Dream.....mas

One of the things that the MythTV recorder actually recorded was White Christmas. I decided to actually watch it while finishing up the present wrapping last night, since I don't generally have christmas music, and we have no tree (something that will be remedied next year). However, I'll have to agree with Mom's assessment of this year's TV airing of the movie - they cut out like 1/2 the scenes!!! Most of the dancing is gone, and you can barely follow the story - even when you already know it! Shame on whatever station is behind the "My Pittsburgh TV" logo.

On the upside, the cats thoroughly enjoyed climbing into empty boxes, sitting in empty boxes, then running away once I had put batteries in the camera and aimed it at them. Also, I gave them wrapping paper balls that they had lots of fun with. This was after D suggested that we wrap some of their existing toys to give to them for christmas - since cats aren't all that smart, they won't know the difference. I then had to demonstrate that there is no substitute for wrapping paper balls (except maybe tin foil balls).

Otherwise, not much is happening. We might get snow on Sunday, as opposed to the rain & freezing rain that has been on the menu this week. School is wrapping up for the semester, and I'm having a hard time getting anything done again. I just don't really care that much. In fact, I think I'm going to leave early today, in order to cook some more & perhaps clean up a bit at home. I hope I'll be able to talk to my family this weekend too :)

1 comment:

sandwhichisthere said...

R. Daneel Olivaw. Boy does that bring back memories. It also gives notice that some memories are gone. There is a second trilogy of the Foundation series. I remember that there was a Zeroth Law that would suspend the First Law but I don't remember what it stated.
I think of my memories as written down on fine linen paper with a fountain pen and kept in the drawers of a Sheraton secretary. Sometimes , when I go to get one of these memories, the drawer is locked. Sometimes they come back in a few minutes and sometimes I wake up in the middle of the night, realizing the memory came back in a dream. The worst time I can remember was when I couldn't remember the name of the monster in Beowolf. I fretted over that for days, refusing to go to the library as a crutch. There is a way for you to go to Stockholm, invent a Mapquest for the brain. You will get an invitation one day, I have never doubted it. Be sure to bring back some Jansen's Temptation.
All of my love, always