Monday, December 29, 2008

South Side Wedding

Well, we did it. D & I got married today at noon-ish (actually a bit after, there was another couple getting married ahead of us). The judge was very nice, and it was a sunny, bright winter day. D's mom & Jack came with us, and my friend Kate (who I've been friends with since my interview weekend at Pitt) was there too. Afterward we all went to lunch on the top of Mount Washington, and enjoyed the view over the city.

The only negative was that D has a sinus infection, and so felt pretty bad throughout the whole thing. He came home, and went back to bed, and he's been asleep for the past few hours.

And, our marital dumpster did not show up :( I put out NO PARKING signs this morning, moved the cars, and waited. Then I figured it would be delivered while we were out, since we don't have to be there to receive it, but there was still no dumpster when we returned. I waited another hour, and then called the people, but I just got voice-mail. So I'll have to track that down tomorrow.

But it was a lovely day anyway :)

4 comments:

Spryte said...

Yay!!! I saw Marce's pics... you looked great!

Kristen said...

Congratulations, sweetie! So happy for you both. I hope Drew feels better soon.

sandwhichisthere said...

Sweetheart,
you have taken the first step on a life of love and tranquility and joy and peace. It is all that I have ever wished for you. I see two omens that insure this. The first is that you said "We did it.", not "I did it.". The second is that you were married on Buddha's birthday. How much more auspicious can you get?
The dumpster will come and in it you can place all of your disappointments and fears and misgivings of the past. Your happiness is assured. You have reached the ultimate joy of life and there are no more steps to happiness, you have reached the apex,
all of my love and admiration, daddy

Suztash said...

Ericka and Drew,
We are very happy for you both. My prayers and best wishes for your life together. May you unexpectedly and surprisingly be aware of God's blessings. All my love to you. Drew, I hope you feel better very soon. God bless. Please post some pictures! Love, Mom