Sunday, December 7, 2008

Holiday gifts?

Hi guys,

Just wanted to check in with the family about gifts this year. Are we sending homemade stuff? $ limit? We're a little low on cash this year - trying to save up for heating system + other repairs, so I just wanted to check to make sure no-one minded if we did el-cheapo holiday options :)

Thoughts? Comments? I check the blog pretty much ever day, even if I don't post, so you can leave any feedback in the comments section....

Will post more substantively later, there was a cookie day yesterday & more chores today :)

Oh, and Dad - Kristmas Kielbasa is just normal kielbasa with extra spices, I guess. There's a lot of kielbasa and other types of sausage (and pierogis) in Pgh. lots of polish families.

2 comments:

sandwhichisthere said...

Sweetheart,
Christmas is a time for happiness and peace of mind. The gift giving treadmill destroys this. Everyone usually ends up with something they don't really need or appreciate and ends up with a dilution of their resources that begins the new year with that peace of mind merely a memory. Your Mother established a birthday and Christmas trdition that emphasized homemade over purchased. I still have most of the cards that you and your sisters made for me, every time I come across one my heart feels a warmth that cannot be duplicated. I realize that time constraints sometimes make a purchase easier. I may not be doing either this year, I am not sure. A picture of you and Drew would be nice, it can be e-mailed for convenience. The fact that you have a place to live and enough to eat and someone to share your life with that you respect is enough to fill my holiday with peace and happiness.
Lots of sausage and pirogie, sounds like heaven!
all of my love, always, daddy

Kristen said...

Um, yeah, we're on board with the cheapo Christmas. Alan is being laid off today. :-(

I have one memento from our vacation that I got for everyone, and we're hoping to send cookies and chocolate again, but that's all we can do.

We'll make up for it with a wedding gift later this year!