Monday, August 25, 2008

Silver Enhancement

Well, I went ahead with my silver-gold staining today anyway. I figured that the expensive reagents from this experiment had already been used, so I might as well prepare sections for EM. This necessitated another 12 hr day, but I think it was the right call. Tomorrow I'll re-run the c-fos staining & urotensin staining to make sure that I didn't just mess something up.

In response to an earlier comment, my birdhouse (oops, it's actually a bird-feeder) looks like this (so far):



I want to paint some leaves & such on it, and I'm finally getting to use the paint brushes that my sister sent me many years ago! I like doing creative stuff, but I never seem to get around to it.

That's all for now - it's late & I stood all day today at the bench. I need some sleep :)

1 comment:

Kristen said...

I love that bird feeder - and the color you're painting it! Miss you guys.