We had a plum tree mishap this week - it seems there were ants eating away at the tree, so 1/2 of it fell over. So we harvested plums on Thursday, & had a small plum sorting session with me, D & his friend M. I got a chance to check out the new jazz CD that I picked up in Newport last weekend, & we discussed making a videogame called Virtual Migrant Worker. Or alternatively titled Plum Harvest II. (I think the II makes it sound better, but am not sure if you have to come out with Plum Harvest original before using the II designation.)
Today we had planned to go to Ikea early in the morning. But D felt sick last night & this morning, and I can't say I'm 100% today either. I cleaned up the kitchen instead, dealt with the significant volume of recycling that we have accumulated in the last two months, & petted the black kitty (who had a multi-day adventure & only returned last night). Oh, and laundry (which I have to go switch).....
Done & done. It seems there is no hot water running to the washing machine, though I am not upset enough by this to go figure out which valve is incorrectly closed.
I'm hoping we'll make it to Ikea tonight, and get a new mattress. The current one is, well...., it's time for a new one. And new pillows. And lingonberries. (And I'm sure D will sneak several tubes of fish paste into the cart)
Kristen posted her menu for the week, and it's inspired me to take another stab at getting D to sit down with me & plan menu/shopping for the week. While I don't have the whole week planned out yet, here's tonight's dish:
Yellow-fin tuna (grilled, with a Sesame Garlic & Worcestershire sauce), mixed grilled vegetables (if they're still good from Thursday) and brown basmati rice. Also whatever kind of salad I can pull together from vegetables-that-must-be-used-or-composted-in-the-next-couple-of-days. Well, I'm off to help with stick reduction in the backyard (cutting sticks into smaller sticks).
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment