Wednesday, September 9, 2009

Wedding reception

Well, it's done :)

After months of stress, tears, and struggling with excessive anxiety, we had a wonderful time. The venue was perfect for what we were doing, I think people liked the ceremony-as-it-was, the weather held well, and the people-who-dance-at-weddings got down for most of the night (me included!)

It was wonderful to have the families meet, and to have my mom & sister's family see a little more of Pittsburgh. It may be gritty, but I've come to love it, for all it's geographical and sociocultural quirks. We rode the Monongehela Incline for the first time, walked around Station Square, looked out on the city, gave several tours of the house, and got to stay & eat at the Parador (which I'm pretty sure we'll have to visit again sometime)!

Unfortunately, I neglected to take any pictures, so am waiting to receive some from the kind family & friends who shot tons of photos. Thanks to everyone for a good time, my only wish is that I got to spend more time with each & every one of you! I never knew how much work a wedding involves, even after everything is in place.

Tonight, we'll finish relaxing, putting laundry away, and getting ready for my reappearance at work tomorrow.

5 comments:

Spryte said...

Your wedding totally ROCKED!!

Check Jon's Facebook for a great pic of you & Drew dancing and a very cool effect of the lights reflecting on the lens.

Thanks so much for including us in your celebration!!

sandwhichisthere said...

Sweetheart,
congratulations on everything working out so well. All things should work out so well for you because you are a wonderful, loving, tender person,
all of my love to you and Drew, always, daddy

Spryte said...

I just looked at Kristen's pics on Facebook... and just wanted to say again how beautiful you are!!!!

Suztash said...

Hey Sweetie,
Loved being there and being a part of it all. Thank you for including me. I loved meeting Drew's family. They are a wonderful group...loving and fun. I'm so happy that they love you, too. It was a lovely time. God bless. Mom

Kristen said...

It was a wonderful weekend! We had such a great time, but most importantly, I'm glad you and Drew had a good time!

Love you!