I'm so thankful my sister's little boy is okay. I only heard about it yesterday, and was stuck at work with a dead cell phone battery all day yesterday (literally, I didn't leave until after midnight). But I got to talk to my sister this evening as I was walking home, and was really relieved that the little guy was feeling better. All of my nephews are such sweet boys, but I think this one is the most cuddly.
In experiment news, I actually got a huge amount of data yesterday, but fell behind on loading samples into the HPLC. So, with 76 samples to process, it took awhile. Luckily, I could sleep in this morning, as the electrical inspector was coming at 11:30. I went in around 2, took care of some equipment and met quickly with my advisor before going to my new class, Molecular Pathobiology. I've been learning about the immune system, and how antibodies get produced, and how all that applies to tissue transplant rejections. I'm enjoying learning stuff outside of neuroscience, because I never actually took much biology. In college 1/2 of my science classes were in neuroscience/neurobiology, and 1/2 were in cognitive/linguistic science. Both very brain-centric. So this is a cool experience, and the grading isn't going to be hard at all (just one journal paper presentation & class participation). Plus, it'll be done at the end of March, so I should still be able to take a week off to remove the plaster from the 2nd floor of the house, and fill a dumpster with all the debris. And then I'll be able to start taking statistics classes over the web.
I have to get back to working on my fellowship application, and my kitty (the black and white one) just came upstairs to be petted, so I'll sign off. But I'll try to post again with experiment results & weekend happenings.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
Thank you so much Honey- it was my really crazy neighbor that showed up when I was on the phone with you, the Gulf war vet who would claim you for his bride if he knew that you existed. Possibly with one of those "Seven Brides For Seven Brothers" type sacks.(I so freaking wish that they would bring THAT movie back, and deal with the flack from this group of abducted women saying"Well, we've been taken against our will, but as long as we're here, let's make apple pie and have sex with them..."along with the "Grab You Woman, And Throw Her Over Your Back" song). Cal seems to be completely fine, and my neighbor Kathleen(Lucille, from earlier posts) was playing hide and seek with him for like 2 hours. I miss you, and we can't wait to see you.
Hi, sweetie! I miss you! I hope everything is going okay. I've tried to call you a few times, but our timing must be off. :-) Anyway, I've tagged you for a meme if you're interested. The details are on my latest post (2/8). Love you!
Post a Comment