D & I just went on our first date in longer than I can remember (my birthday at Fallingwater doesn't count, somehow). He informed me this morning that we had to go to Taco Loco tonight, so I didn't argue. This is a little, authentic Mexican place (with Authentic Mexicans that own & run it) that used to be three blocks from our apartment. They have a really nice patio outside, and you can bring your own wine. Food is awesome, & D says that the black beans are better than his mom's (quite a complement).
So we picked up a bottle of Wrenwood Zinfandel, 2004 & headed over there. I got some kind of Tilapia special, with peppers & onions and tomatoes & olives, and he got enchilades mole. Awesome. I am so full of food that I'm afraid I might vomit some of it up, simply because I don't have enough room in my stomach.
Before that, I met my friend Marguerite for coffee in the morning, got some of my knive's sharpened for free at the frou-frou cooking store on the South Side Flats, and then D & I both worked on the yard for 5 hours. He mowed, I dug up a bunch of vine-like things that are invading the small space of grass next to the sidewalk in front of the house. The little old guy neighbor (that neither D or I can remember his name, ever) stopped by & gave us gardening tips, and I discovered that I can't use our weedwacker, because I can't actually start the thing, and it stalls... alot. But I did pick 5 lbs of green cherry tomatoes today, so there'll probably be more pickled tomato preserves canning soemtime soon.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
9 comments:
I bought an electric weed eater from the White Devil(Walmart) for $30, and with a couple of extension cords, I could cut down a tree with the thing. The only thing I can't remove with it is the 16 foot high castor bean plant that grew up out of nowhere next to my driveway, because it contains ricin poison, and I'm not sure if the weedeater will disperse this into the air and kill me.
Sounds like a nice day! I'm jealous - I wish I had 5 hours to spend on our yard. I'm always embarrassed by my yard, thinking of what you and Mom and Johanna are able to do with your land. Even Dad grows enough tomatoes to feed an army on his tiny porch. Meanwhile, I can barely manage to keep my tiny garden patch of scraggly, bug-eaten plants alive!
It's nice that you and D took time out for a date. :-)
Hey! Love your pictures! The lights in your back yard look so pretty. The cat is hilarious. Reminds me of Spooky in his obsession about the tub and sink. I'm so glad you've got a blog too, though I think I'm the last to get with it. Love you.
Just stopping by to see if you've posted anything new! Love you tons!
Hey, write some more stuff, man!!!!
I think ricin has to be purified from the castor bean to make it concentrated enough to use as a WMD. But, it might be worth checking wikipedia or something rather than relying on me!
Good roast beef has a seared outside and a pink inside. BEWARE THE BEEF! THE BEEF HAS A LIGHT SIDE AND A DARK SIDE. May the beef be with you!
Unless they are already processed, put the green cherry tomatoes in a large brown paper bag with an apple. You will have ripe tomatoes for New Years. Check the bag frequently. All of my love, always
I think that castor beans have to be processed a certain way to be harmful.People used to ingest castor oil. Beware of their evil twin the pollux bean. All of my love, always
Post a Comment